On May 4th 2017, Big Brothers Big Sisters of East TN (BBBSETN) will host the First Annual Hall of Fame and Scholarship Night. Together with guest, the agency will celebrate and recognize graduating Littles and one individual in the community who has supported the agency in a BIG way! Graduating Littles who are continuing their education will receive a Scholarship from the agency and one supporter will be inducted into the agency’s Hall of Fame.
Graduating Littles who are continuing their education will receive a scholarship to aid in the cost of college. A scholarship fund has been established and donations are welcome. If you wish to make a monetary donation towards the Scholarship Fund, click here.
BBBSETN Hall of Fame
The BBBSETN Hall of Fame is a platform to recognize those individuals who have been instrumental in providing direction, energy and support to the shaping of BBBSETN since its inception in 1970.
The BBBSETN Hall of Fame Committee is seeking nominations for the 2017 BBBSETN Hall of Fame inaugural class. Individuals will be considered whom efforts have resulted in community-wide economic, social and/or cultural benefits that have had a positive impact on BBBSETN.
The Nominee must meet the following criteria:
1. The individual must have made a significant and extraordinary contribution to BBBSETN.
2. The individuals’ achievements and contributions must have had lasting value and importance and must have withstood the test of time.
3. Nominees may be an individual, or individuals and business partners, or families as a single nominee.
To nominate an individual for induction into the BBBSETN Hall of Fame, please complete the nomination form and submit a statement explaining the significant and worthy contributions this individual or organization has made to BBBSETN. Civic and/or philanthropic activities are relevant but not the primary factor in selection.
The statement should be no more than three pages, double-spaced. Please include pertinent information that supports consideration of this organization.
• Supporting letters or documents will be accepted.
• The three-page double spaced statement (as referenced above) and supporting letters and documents cannot exceed 10 pages.
• All materials supporting the nomination will become the property of BBBSETN and will
not be returned.
Nominees selected will be inducted into the Hall of Fame in the spring of 2017.
Please complete and return the Hall of Fame Nomination Form and any accompanying documents, by March 15, 2017. Completed forms may be returned via: email to: nominations@TennesseeBig.org or by mail to:
Big Brothers Big Sisters of East TN
Attention: Hall of Fame Selection Committee
The Regas Building
318 N. Gay Street, Ste 100
Knoxville, TN 37917