The BBBSETN Scholarship Fund is designed to assist deserving “Littles” that wish to pursue additional education after high school. The scholarship will be applied toward the student’s financial post-secondary educational expenses.
If you wish to apply, please complete the application and include all required attachments. All applications are due NO LATER THAN March 31, 2017. This provides our scholarship committee ample time to evaluate and determine the recipient(s). Scholarship recipient(s) will be honored during a special dinner on May 4, 2017. Recipient(s) will be notified well in advance of the dinner on May 4 so they can make plans to attend.
- To extend support from Big Brothers Big Sisters of East TN (BBBSETN) beyond high school, continuing to assist students in achieving their full potential.
- To provide financial assistance to graduating “Littles,” enabling them to further their education in a public or private college program, technical college or trade school.
- To recognize “Littles” who have shown notable personal and academic achievement in high school.
- To encourage high school “Littles” who are sophomores, juniors, and seniors to complete high school and pursue further education.
- Nominee must successfully have completed a minimum of 12 months in BBBSETN after age 14.
- Nominee must have obtained (or will finish this spring) a high school diploma or a GED certificate.
- Nominee must have applied to a 2-year or 4‑year accredited college or university program, accredited technical college or trade school and intend to enroll within one year of the application deadline.
- Nominee must enroll in a minimum of 6 semester hours or equivalent.
- Nominee must have a signed media release on file with the BBBSETN.
For more information regarding the application, award amount and award selection please refer to the application itself. The application can be downloaded here: Scholarship Application
Please submit the completed application to the address noted below:
Big Brothers Big Sisters East TN
Attn: Scholarship Committee
318 N. Gay Street, Ste 100
Knoxville, TN 37917
Reminder, applications should be received in the office no later than Friday, March 31, 2017
If there are any questions, please call Kara at 865.523.2179