NEW UPDATES FROM BBBS-ETN
KNOXVILLE, TN (July 29, 2020) Big Brothers Big Sisters of East Tennessee is thrilled to announce new services to better serve youth and families during COVID-19, including the following:
• Match Support: Though our team is working remotely, we’re continuing regular support for Matches.
o Remember, if you do not feel comfortable with your child seeing their mentor in person, we encourage alternative connections via Zoom, Facetime, and telephone.
• Online Match Activities: Speaking of alternative connections, we’ll continue providing online enrichment and Match activities at YouTube.com/BigBroBigSisETN.
• Drive-up Wi-Fi: Thanks to the support of RCN Technologies and US Cellular, we’ve set up a drive-up Wi-Fi hotspot at our building (318 North Gay Street).
o For log-in details, contact your Match Support Specialist (MSS) – listed below.
• Phone App: BBBS of America has developed “The App,” an easy and safe way for matches to stay in touch remotely. Contact your MSS for more information!
• Text Us: Since March, our team has conducted outreach to connect families with essential services. If we were unable to connect with you, or if you have emergent needs, please text BIGHELP to 865.290.7762.
BBBS-ETN Match Support Specialists
• Patterson, Conner | 865.862.9984
• Stone, Laurie | 865.329.0168
• Bevil, Stacy | 865.474.8651
• Carter, Savannah | 865.523.2179
• Ross, Mandy | 865.243.3878
• Baker, Whitney | 865.243.8846
• King, Mia | 865.415.2025
• Thomas, Jake | 865.862.6425
• Sisson, Traci | 865.523.2179
• Wick, Brittany | 423.247.3240 x 3
About Big Brothers Big Sisters of East Tennessee
Big Brothers Big Sisters of East Tennessee defends potential in children through strong and enduring, professionally supported one‐to‐one relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth. Youth enrolled in the program achieve measurable outcomes, including improved educational success, avoidance of risky behaviors, higher aspirations, greater self-confidence, and better relationships. This mission has been the cornerstone of the organization’s 50-year history in the Knoxville area.
During the COVID-19 crisis – and every day – BBBS-ETN is committed to keeping kids connected through a supportive mentor and dedicated case workers. The agency goes one step further, connecting both families and caregivers with critical services, serving those affected by loss of income, food insecurity, lack of healthcare, isolation, and anxiety due to COVID-19. Learn more about ways you can join our cause at tennesseebig.org/get-involved.