Current scholarships include:
• BBBS-ETN General Scholarship Fund – up to five (5) $500 scholarships awarded annually
• The Austin French Memorial Scholarship
• Michael Manrod Memorial Scholarship
Eligibility requirements include:
• Applicant does not have to be in an active Match but must have been Matched with a Big Brother/Big Sister for a minimum of 12 months after age 14.
• Former scholarship recipients and applicants are eligible to apply again. (See Application Packet for more details.)
• Applicant must apply to or be enrolled in a 2-year or 4-year accredited college, university program, or accredited technical college or trade school.
• If not currently enrolled, applicant must intend to enroll within one year of the application deadline, as scholarship funds will be paid directly to the school.
• Applicant must enroll in a minimum of six semester hours or equivalent.
• Applicant should have a signed media release on file with BBBS-ETN. If one does not exist, you might be asked to sign a new one. (See final page of the Application Packet.)
• Applicant should have a 2.5 GPA or above. (This requirement only applies to previous scholarship winners.)
Postsecondary Success Program
Graduating Seniors who apply are encouraged, but not required, to remain connected to BBBS-ETN and their mentor through the Postsecondary Success Program. For more details, contact Whitney Baker at WBaker@TennesseeBig.org.
Littles who meet the above eligibility requirements are encouraged to submit an application.
Applications will be accepted by email to JDavis@TennesseeBig.org or by mail:
Big Brothers Big Sisters of East Tennessee
Attn: Jennifer Davis/Scholarship Committee
318 North Gay Street, Suite #100
Knoxville, TN 37917
BBBS-ETN College and Career Fair
Scholarship recipients will be celebrated at events throughout 2021, including BBBS-ETN’s College and Career Fair on Thursday, May 6. Email Conner Patterson at CPatterson@TennesseeBig.org for details.